Sunday, May 8, 2016

Training to next event: Week unknown: Too quick, too soon

After completing 90+ mileage last week, I eagerly wish to resume the normal training intensity.
If I able to do it, I'll give myself a "pass" for the planned race on July.
Thus, I tried to completed a 11 km recovery run, even though the condition were tough.
Then, I attempted a 6 km tempo run. Completed it, with cost - the knee was painful on the next day.
Wed run started with a painful at right knee joint. With stubbornness, I still headed out for run. When I barely put force to propel the steps, I reluctantly turn back.
I know this imply another thing, that I have to put the planned event behind my head.

If there's a bigger picture in this, I do hope it is.

The next two days taken complete rest, with no intention for any workout at all.
Friday was down with flu, take off from work to just sleep.
Saturday morning has no intention to wake up for run as well.
Is it when the psychological tension broke down (thought of no need for training), the body defense mechanism became vulnerable to any invasion. Without any workout, I was feeling sleepy, tired and flu-ish.

However, Sunday long run was a reward.
Under a fine weather (25 degree reported), the no pressure of getting back on track, I was literally running a enjoyable and nice 27 km.
It probably due to all the rest and sleep, it probably due to the weather.
Whatever it is, I was happy to see the pace pattern return, and to feel the long run again - the feeling of driving the run long and steady.


Week ? (05-02-16 to 05-08-16)
Day DistanceTimeSpeedRoute
Mon
(May 02 16)

11 kilometers 1:06:21 min 6:02 min/kilometer  
Recovery, Notes: Run under hot weather. Not an easy run. Feeling hard to finish even for a recovery run.
Tue
(May 03 16)

14 kilometers 1:13:22 min 5:14 min/kilometer  
Lactate threshold, Notes: with 6 km at lactate threshold pace. Initially plan for 8 km. Uneasiness at the knee made me decided to cut it to 6 km. Right knee was feeling weird sensation. Completed the run with feeling of right knee soreness coming back. Splits: 4:22, 4:16, 4:10, 4:14, 4:15, 4:08
Wed
(May 04 16)

4.1 kilometers 29:03 min 7:05 min/kilometer  
Recovery, Notes: Out to run and feeling pain at right joint between knee. Tried and jogged very carefully decided to do only 4 km. Consequences of going to hard and too quick on Tuesday.
Thu
(May 05 16)

    
Notes: Rest. No run.
Fri
(May 06 16)

    
Notes: Down with flu. Went back early from work and took a long nap.
Sat
(May 07 16)

7.6 kilometers 47:52 min 6:17 min/kilometer  
Recovery, Notes: Sleep till late. Ran in the evening. Knee not feeling uncomfortable but feeling harder to run. 8 km. GPS not set when started to run.
Sun
(May 08 16)

27 kilometers 2:17:18 min 5:05 min/kilometer  
Long run, Notes: Kristal-Gurney Drive-Esplanade-Kristal-Rose Ave-Padang Polox9-Rose Ave-Kristal. Initially was sleepy and feeling to fall back into sleep. Still heading out and try to run. All the way didnt check at the pace but run with exertion. Started with moderate easy and maintain exertion, moderate intensity, not feeling too hard all the way. The outcome was over my expectation, with gradually increasing of pace and below 5km/min in the middle and second part of the run. 9 loops at Padang Polo was mostly below 4:50/km with fastest at 4:42/km. I do try to run at higher intensity but was still below my usual Sunday run effort. The feeling was about 5:20/km. The results probably due to few days rest overall less mileage and good weather. Garmin website reported 25 degree, feels like 25 degree Theres two section time was exactly the same: 6th km - 5:07.4, 7th km - 5:07.4; 16th km - 4:45.9, 17th km - 4:45.5, 22th km - 4:46.6, 23th km - 4:46.8which might indicate that running was at the right intensity and rhythm.
 

  • Run Distance:63.76 kilometers
    Run Time:5:53:56 min
     Total Time:5:53:56 min

No comments:

Post a Comment